Ways to Pay
MED makes it easy to pay your bill
Murfreesboro Electric Department knows our customers lead busy lives, which is why we offer a variety of methods for paying your bill. There are no fees or extra charges attached, so simply find the option that is most convenient for you.
- Visit our office – Come by our office in downtown Murfreesboro to pay your electric bill in person, or swing through our convenient drive-thru. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards as well as money orders. For faster service, please have your billing statement with you.
- Pay Online: Click here to access SmartHub pay your bill or use the SmartHub app on your mobile device. You can pay with either a credit/debit card or with a check.
- Auto Pay: Don’t want to worry about making a payment every month? Simply enroll in our automatic bank draft program by visiting our office to authorize MED to automatically deduct your monthly bill from a checking or savings account. All you do is authorize MED to automatically deduct your electric bill from your checking or savings account each month. To enroll, please contact the office at 615-893-5514, email email@example.com or click here to enroll through the SmartHub app on your device.
- Recurring Credit/Debit Cards allow customers to authorize MED to pay their monthly electric bill with a credit/debit card. All you do is authorize MED to charge your monthly electric bill to the credit/debit card that you provided when enrolling in the program. Click here to enroll.
- PC Banking: Use your own bank’s online bill payment system. Note: It may take 5-7 business days for MED to receive payment from your bank.
- Mail: Mail your payment along with the bottom portion of the bill statement to P. O. Box 9 Murfreesboro, TN 37133-0009. Please allow enough time for payment to be received by the due date. Write your account number on your check or money order. It is not recommended to put cash payments in the mail. Your electric account is credited on the day we receive the payment.
- Kiosk: Don’t want to wait in line? The kiosk in the lobby is always available during business hours and accepts credit cards, debit cards, cash and electronic checks so you can take care of your bill quickly and easily.
- Telephone: When you can’t make a trip to the office, call our toll free number at 1-888-678-1986. The automated system will walk you through the process of paying your bill using an electronic check, credit card or debit card.
- Night Box: Check or money payments can be placed in the night box located next to the driver-through window after hours. Please do not place cash payments in the night box.
- MoneyGram: Cash payments can be made by visiting a participating MoneyGram location. The receive code for Murfreesboro Electric is 15152. MoneyGram charges a fee of $1.50 for the transaction.